Guidelines for Employment as a Per Diem Administrator
Please be aware that Per Diem Administrator positions are solely reserved for employees that previously worked as an administrator in the Rochester City School District and have earned a certificate issued by the Office of Teaching Initiatives in Administration. All other candidates are encouraged to follow the Guidelines for Employment as a Per Diem Teacher. Previous Rochester City School District Administrators and/or Retirees interested in applying for Per Diem Administrator positions should contact the Substitute Management Division office in HCI at 585-262-8554. Please note that all employees of the Rochester City School District must complete the fingerprint requirement before being allowed to work.
- The purpose of requesting a Per Diem Administrator is to provide coverage when an ASAR unit member is out of work on a temporary basis (illness, personal, vacation, conferences, meeting, professional development, etc.) or when there is a delay in filling a vacancy.
- Under the general supervision of building principals, assistant principals and/or their designees, and in as efficiently, safely and completely a manner possible, the Per Diem Administrator provides continuity of quality instruction to RCSD students during the absence of the regular administration.
- Adheres to all RCSD policies and procedures to which regular employees are subjected.
- Follows, as completely as possible, established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned and establishes and attempts to assist staff achieve classroom goals and objectives developed.
- Have the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students.
- In collaboration with school leadership, follow instructional program that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interest and abilities of students
- Assists the administration in creating an environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of students.
- Counsels with colleagues, students and parents on a regular basis and works cooperatively with staff, superiors and community.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends meetings and serves on staff committees as appropriate.
- Follows State Education Department's regulations.
Initial Per Diem Administrator Rate
$250.00 per day
The Per Diem Administrator is $250 per day. Per Diem Administrators in continuous assignments beyond 15 days will receive $350 per day. The pay differential is effective beginning the 1st day and will remain in effect for the duration of the assignment. Once the assignment is completed and a new assignment begins, the pay rate will revert to $250 per day. In the event the Per Diem Administrator is needed beyond 15 days, a completed Per Diem Administrator Continuous Assignment form should be completed and sent to the Substitute Management Division.
EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION IS CONTINGENT UPON SUBMISSION AND APPROVAL OF ALL PRE-HIRE DOCUMENTS.