DASA Incident Reporting
In the Rochester City School District, we are focused on providing a positive and respectful learning environment for students and staff. The emphasis of the District is to create a climate of dignity and respect and to prevent any conduct which constitutes a climate in which individuals feel fear and/or intimidation. If an incident of harassment, intimidation, bullying, or cyberbullying occurs, it will be taken very seriously and responded to in a way to reduce the likelihood of it happening again.
It is recommended that students, staff, families, and community members alert school personnel and report incidents of harassment, intimidation, bullying, or cyberbullying that may involve bias (real or perceived). It is suggested you begin by doing the following:
- Talk to your school teacher, nurse, social worker, or counselor
- Talk to your assistant principal or principal
- Talk to any adult within the school setting with whom you feel comfortable
Parent, Guardians and the Community
- Contact your child's school teacher, nurse, social worker, or counselor for assistance.
- Contact the building's assistant principal
- Contact the school principal if the issue is not resolved
- Contact the building DASA Coordinator if the issue remains unresolved
- Contact an administrator
- Contact Human Capital Initiatives
It is recommended that you go directly to school personnel by contacting the building DASA Coordinator for a more immediate response. However, below is our online tool for an additional way to alert school personnel of an issue. This form can be completed anonymously too. Simply select the school and click on the Report Online button.