SCHOOL CLOSURE UPDATES
Hello Parents, Families, and Students of Francis Parker School No. 23.
We hope you are doing well. We miss our students very much! Please click HERE for a special video we created to say hi!
We have outlined several updates below for your information. We will post new updates as soon as they are shared with the school.
- Governor Cuomo announced today that he has extended school closures statewide until April 29th. In addition, all NYS June Regents exams have been cancelled. (4/6/20)
- 6th Grade Computer Pick-Up Procedures- Good News! All 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students will now receive Chromebooks for use at home. Please click here for information regarding where to pick up your child's Chromebook. Call 585-262-8700 to register your child and sign-up for a pick up date and time. (4/2/20)
- 5th/6th Grade School Climate Survey- Parents and 5th/6th Grade students are encouraged to fill out our School Climate Survey which asks for your feedback on school engagement and the school environment. Parents, click here. 5th/6th Grade Students click here. (3/27/20)
- Governor Cuomo just announced today that he has extended school closures statewide until April 15th. He will keep us all posted as the 15th comes nearer as to whether he will extend school closures further, or reopen them. (3/27/20)
- As of Tuesday March 31, Virgil I. Grissom School No. 7, located at 31 Bryan Street, will also be used as a meal distribution site. (3/27/20)
- Playworks has created Virtual Recess Opportunities for families! Click here to access these resources. (3/23/20)
The Board of Regents Chancellor suspended the 2020 elementary and intermediate-level New York State assessments. Click here
for specific assessments that have been cancelled. (3/20/20)
- The RCSD Instructional Technology (IT) Department has created weekly lessons and tutorials for all elementary-aged students and families. There are tutorials for how to access the RCSD ROConnect page and how to access weekly lessons in all subjects K-8. Please access them here. (3/17/20)
- Classroom teachers and support staff are in the process of updating their web pages on our school website and adding student work, which you can access here. (3/17/20)
- After you navigate to a teacher's web page, click on the link on the left hand side entitled "Student Work (School Closure)." You will find work that can be printed out, as well as links to instructional websites our students use daily.
- If any student does not know his/her username and password for a particular educational website, please email the classroom teacher.
- Classroom teacher email addresses can be found in the Student Work (School Closure) section of the classroom web page and/or on the classroom home page.
- If a family needs access to Broadband Internet, Spectrum is offering up to two months of free internet access. Learn more about it here. To enroll you can call 1-844-488-8395. Charter states that installation fees will be waived for new student households. (3/17/20)
- If a student is in need of specialized supports, click here for a link to resources provided by the NYC Department of Education. (3/17/20)
- Meals During School Closures: RCSD will provide pack-and-go breakfast, lunch, and dinner to seven school sites between 8:00 am and 2:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Nine City R-Centers will do the same from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Click here for all locations. (3/17/20)
- RCSD Support Hotline (585-262-8700): The District has established a hotline for families regarding resources and supports, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. (3/17/20)
- RCSD Family Helpdesk: This is an online resource for parents to submit questions and receive responses directly to their email address. Click here to register and enter your questions. (3/17/20)
- Please click here for RCSD updates and resources about COVID-19 which will be updated by midday each Friday. (3/17/20)
If you have any questions, you can reach the Principal, Katie Yarlett-Fenti, on her District cell phone at 585-698-0072 or by email at Kathryn.Yarlett-Fenti@rcsdk12.org. Thank you and be well!