School Based Planning Team (SBPT)
PLEASE HELP US WELCOME OUR NEW PARENT MEMBERS FOR 2020-2021!
Patricia Taboada-Serrano and Kevin White
What is the SBPT?
The School Based Planning Team (SBPT) is the organizational structure for improving school productivity. Each school creates a team consisting of representatives of the full school community who holds primary responsibility for the design of a multi-year School Improvement Plan/Comprehensive Education Plan.Members include teachers, administrators, support staff, parents, and students.
Responsibilities of the SBPT
- Assessing student performance and school effectiveness
- Developing a School Comprehensive Educational Plan (SCEP) that sets goals for school improvement
- Monitoring the implementation of the SCEP
- Reviewing and interpreting student data
- Planning professional development to support the SCEP