September 10, 2019
I hope everyone had a nice summer. We are off to a great start. We have a few reminders and requests to get us started on the right foot. Our focus for the month of September is: Be respectful, be responsible, be kind, and be safe.
Reading at Home
- Your child must be read to or read on their own for at least 15-20 minutes every day. Make it fun!
- We need your help. We are in this together. We want our students on time and in school every day. 37% of our students were chronically absent last year. That equates to missing 2 days of school per month.
- Please complete your emergency forms that were sent home over the summer. We need these as soon as possible.
- Our handle is RCSD34. We are on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Please stay informed.
- If you follow-us on RCSD34, please request to join the School 34 PTO. We need you.
- Positive parent involvement in school, leads to increased school engagement and academic outcomes
- Our school doors open at 8:45 AM. We look forward to seeing you each morning.
Class Dojo & RCSD Link
- All School 34 teachers will use Class Dojo to communicate with parents. Please download the App and register.
- Download the RCSD Link App for emergency notification, attendance, and grades
- If there is a change in transportation, please call us before 2:30 PM, so we can ensure arrangements are made.
- If you are picking up your child early, please do so prior to 3:00, so we can adequately prepare for dismissal.
- For 3 PM pickups, please be patient with us during the first few weeks as we get our systems in place.
- September 19th, 2018 6:00-7:00 PM
- December 6th, 2019
- March 6th, 2020
If you have any questions or thoughts, please do not hesitate to contact me. Go Tigers!