Rochester City School District Transfer Process
Transfer requests can be initiated by a custodial parent or caregiver contacting their child's school.
- Voluntary transfers are accepted May 1 - July 1 of each school year based on order of receipt and space availability.
- Safety, medical, and hardship transfers are available each school year and require additional documentation from school administrative staff. The transfer will also be accepted for review by a safety committee and a police report may be required.
Parents will receive notification by mail about the status of all transfer requests.
Download a transfer form below based on your child's grade level and school zone.Elementary Transfer FormsKindergarten through 6th grade:
- Northeast Zone Transfers | Nordeste Zone
- Northwest Zone Transfers | Noroeste Zone
- South Zone Transfers | Sur Zone
Grades 7 and 8 in an elementary building:Secondary Transfers