World Language strives to prepare students to use world languages for meaningful communication in real-life situations in both spoken and written form. Through world language study, students will develop sensitivity to other groups' cultural and linguistic heritage, understand their influence on American culture, and become prepared to participate in a society characterized by linguistic and cultural diversity.
Learning a World Language will...
Languages offered through RCSD...
- Improve employment potential
- Enhance your ability to function in several other areas
- Enhance tolerance of diverse lifestyles and customs
- Improve chances of admission to college
- Increase understanding of one's own culture
- Increase global understanding
- American Sign Language
- Mandarin Chinese