Languages Other than English (LOTE)
LOTE strives to prepare students to use foreign languages for meaningful communication in real life situations in both spoken and written form. Through foreign language study, students will develop sensitivity to the cultural and linguistic heritage of other groups, understand their influence on American culture, and become prepared to participate in a society characterized by linguistic and cultural diversity.
Learning a Foregin Language will...
Languages offered through RCSD...
- Improves employment potential
- Enhances your ability to function in several other areas
- Enhances tolerance of diverse lifestyles and customs
- Improves changes of admission to college
- Increases understangin of one's own culture
- Increases global understanding
- American Sign Language
- Mandarin Chinese