World Languages Learners communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, bringing perspective to the learners' educational foundation. In addition to strong foundational skills, second language study offers additional benefits for students, including academic achievement, positive attitudes toward diversity, flexibility in thinking, sensitivity to language, and increases in self-esteem and creativity.
Language learning can...
Languages offered by Rochester City School District
- Improve problem-solving capabilities
- Increase understanding of diverse cultural perspectives
- Combine groups to increase innovation in shared efforts
- Lead to a global understanding
- Provide opportunities beyond the classroom
- American Sign Language
- Mandarin Chinese