To ensure that our students are prepared to be active citizens in our democratic society, we must start with a vision of what we believe our students should know, should be able to do, and should be like when they graduate from our schools:Graduates will be fully able to:
- Understand their own history and culture and the history and culture of others
- Value and respect the perspectives of others
- Examine the past to understand the present
- Investigate community and world issues analytically, thoroughly, and objectively
- Express informed opinions and perspectives confidently
- Participate actively in our social, political, and economic systems to achieve positive change
- Create innovative solutions to personal, community and world problems
- Take informed action to promote political, economic, and social justice
You can find more information and resources from the Social Studies Department at our Google site by clicking on the link to the left. Check back often for Social Studies news, updates, and information.
Please don't hesitate to contact us at any time with questions, comments, and suggestions.