Office of Student Equity and Placement
The Office of Student Equity & Placement would like to provide all parents and guardians with an understanding of the registration and enrollment process at the Rochester City School District.
We're here to help. Placement staff will assist parents with every step of the registration process. We can also provide parents with information about the schools available to their children to help them make an informed choice.
2021-22 Student Registration Information
K-12 School Choice Application Deadline
Friday, April 2, 2021
Office of Student Equity and Placement staff is ready to assist you with the registration process by phone or email, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Registration packets, applications, school compacts, and other documentation is available for pick-up at 131 W. Broad Street but the Student Equity and Placement office is currently closed for in-person support due to COVID-19.
- 2021-22 Student Registration Packet (Includes all 6 forms needed for registrations)
- Paquete de Registro de Estudiantes 2021-22 (Incluye los 6 formularios necesarios para el registro)
* Students who do not participate in the School Choice Lottery will be placed in a school closest to your home where space is available after the selection process is complete.
If you live in the City of Rochester and have a child that turns 3 or 4 by December 1, you can register now for Pre-K classes beginning September 2021. For more information about Pre-Kindergarten programs and locations throughout the City of Rochester, please visit the Pre-K website.
- 2021-22 Pre-Kindergarten Registration Packet (Includes all forms needed for registration)
- Paquete de Registro de Estudiantes Pre-Kinder 2021-22 (Incluye los formularios necesarios para el registro)
New or returning to Rochester schools?
Students entering our district for the first time must enroll their child with the Office of Student Equity and Placement. This enrollment process includes several registration-related forms and other acceptable documentation. After a student is enrolled, they will receive a student ID number and become eligible to begin the school choice and student placement processes. Before registering, please view our Parent Registration Guide below.
firstname.lastname@example.orgRegistration packets, applications, school compacts, and other documentation is available for pick-up at 131 W. Broad Street but the Student Equity and Placement office is currently closed for in-person support due to COVID-19.Placement specialists are available to assist with any registration by phone or email during normal office hours.
131 West Broad Street,
Rochester, NY 14614Hours: Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.