CIT LEAD TEACHER-MENTOR APPLICATION FORMS
The application forms at this page are for CIT Lead Teacher-Mentor Positions.
For Non-Mentor positions, please click here: CIT LT Non-Mentor Application Forms.
DEADLINE EXTENDED to February 26, 2021!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a CIT Lead Teacher-Mentor. Please note:
- Selection as a CIT Lead Teacher-Mentor does not guarantee an active assignment.
- Selection as a CIT Lead Teacher-Mentor does not usually include release time from classroom responsibilities.
- If activated, CIT Lead Teacher-Mentors are compensated by stipend.
- The CIT Governing Panel uses a selective process as per contract (from 2015-2019, 60.2% of applicants were selected).
See flyer below. It includes details about a second Information Meeting newly scheduled for February 22, 2021 at 4:00 PM via Zoom. Contact the CIT Director with questions.
If you applied to become a CIT Lead Teacher-Mentor during the 2019-2020 school year, the CIT Director will contact you soon about the status of your application and confidential references. Thank you for your understanding.
This is the job posting for Career in Teaching (CIT) Program Lead Teacher-Mentor positions for the 2021-2022 school year as approved by the CIT Joint Governing Panel. The application process for the 2021-2022 School Year is now open with an application deadline of Friday, February 26, 2021 at 4:00 pm (Deadline Extended!). You may submit an application at any time and we will hold all application materials on file for one year. On rare occasions, applications may be solicited and processed off-cycle for specific district needs. Submit all forms to the CIT Office, located at 131 West Broad Street; Room 2E-22 or email as a signed attachment to CIT@rcsdk12.org.
Use this form for all Lead Teacher positions.For Mentor applicants: the Career in Teaching (CIT) Governing Panel generally opens up the CIT Lead Teacher-Mentor application process in December/January, interviews eligible candidates in Feb/Mar, and makes selections in April/May. There is training over the summer on peer coaching and CIT procedures, and then Lead Teacher-Mentors are “activated” based on need.Please fill out the "CIT Lead Teacher Application" completely including a detailed "Applicant's Statement." Fill out the header on the "CIT Lead Teacher Confidential Reference Form" and distribute to your references. References must return these forms directly to the CIT Office. Applications and References will be held on file for one year.
Use this confidential reference form for ALL Lead Teacher applications. Forms must be sent directly to the CIT office.
Please COMPLETE THE HEADING of the form before distributing it to your references.
For new Lead Teacher applications, SIX confidential references are required, including your current principal and RTA Building Representative. Please include teachers within the same discipline or from the same teaching level (primary, intermediate, same cluster, etc.) who are knowledgeable about your professional performance.
The same reference form with fillable "form fields."
Click on the link above for information about the CIT Mentor Reapplication Process.
If your Lead Teacher-Mentor two-year term expires in June 2021 you will receive notice that you must reapply continue as a mentor for 2021-2023. You will receive an email message with a link to an on-line CIT Lead Teacher-Mentor Reapplication Google form that must be completed by February 12, 2021.
You should receive this message and link by December 23, 2020.
Please note that
- you should give yourself some time to reflect and to answer questions thoughtfully and thoroughly using concrete examples of from your work as a Mentor so the CIT Panel will have sufficient evidence to evaluate your reapplication;
- if you do not finish all the questions in one sitting, you can return to the form and make changes up until the due date; you can do this by submitting the form, and then using the link in the email confirmation that you will receive to return and edit your responses;
- if you have not been activated, or your actual experience does not provide a relevant example for a reapplication question, you will be asked to indicate that in your answer and describe how you might approach the scenario or issue;
- you may need to sign in with your district Google account ([7-digit ID #]@rcsd121.org);
- CIT will contact your current RTA Rep and Principal directly for a reference; you do not need to ask them to submit confidential reference forms as in the past; and
- it would be helpful to let CIT know if you are not planning to reapply (so we won’t bug you with reminders).
The CIT Governing Panel will rate your written reapplication responses based on your clear analysis of your mentoring practice with fully developed, relevant and specific examples. In February, the CIT Governing Panel will review reapplications, mentor performance, paperwork, attendance, references, and evaluations and will either (1) renew you for another two-year term, (2) invite you for a reapplication interview, or (3) decline to renew your position for another term.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.