Obtaining a Work Permit
Due to new procedures due to Covid-19, Work Permits can only be processed electronically at this time. Please email all required documents to email@example.com.
To better assist families with this new procedure and to help with expediting work permit requests, please:
- Take a picture of the documents and attach to the email or download the Adobe Scan app to your smart phone to scan the documents to email
- Please include your child’s name and school in the subject line of the email.
- Please provide your updated address in the body of the email.
- Upon receipt of proper documentation, work permits will be mailed to the address provided.
A work permit can be obtained by following these steps:
Step 1: Download an Application for Employment Certificate
Download/view an Application for Employment at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/documents/AT17-0320Fillable.pdf. More information about work permits are available on page 2 of the document.
Step 2: Parent Signature Required on Part I
A Parent /Guardian must complete Part I (Parent Consent) of the Application for Employment Certificate.
Step 3: Physical Fitness Form
Download/view a Physical Fitness Certification at https://www.rcsdk12.org/cms/lib/NY01001156/Centricity/domain/83/work%20permits/AT-16-1.pdf. Have the form completed by your child’s primary care provider.
Step 4: Necessary Documents
Email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed Application for Employment Certificate.
- Completed Physical Form.
- Proof of age: The student’s copy or original birth certificate, baptismal certificate, current unexpired driver’s license, current unexpired passport, plastic benefit card or permanent resident’s card. School ID Cards are acceptable ONLY if it is the student’s second permit from RCSD.
Step 5: Verification
Due to COVID-19, proof of age for RCSD students will be verified via PowerSchool. (The RCSD Student Information System)
Step 6: Work Permit Filing
The district designee will verify proof of age with the above documents, process the work permit and mail it to the home address provided.