Student Records

  • Instructions for Obtaining Student Record

    The Rochester City School District can provide its graduates and former students with copies of their school records. Available are high school transcripts (which include immunization records) and duplicate diplomas.

    If you graduated or attended a District school within the last seven years, you can obtain your transcript by contacting your former school. Upon receipt of your request, the information will be mailed to you.

    If you graduated, attended more than seven years ago or need a Duplicate Diploma, your records are available from the Rochester City School District, Student Records Department, 30 Hart Street, Room 104 on the first floor.


    How to Obtain Student Records if Moving to a New School District

    Please contact the school secretary at the school you are attending if you are requesting your child’s records due to moving to a new district. Give the school you are attending now the new address and phone number. The new school that you will be attending will request your child(ren)s records from the Rochester City School your child(ren) are now attending.

    For your convenience, walk-in hours are Monday – Friday: 12:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.

    Upon arrival, you will be asked to:

    • Fill out a request form with your personal and school information
    • Show photo identification
    • Pay a $4.00 service fee for each transaction

    If the hours of operations are inconvenient or you live out of town, please send a written request with a completed School Records Transaction Form. Please remember to include all of the following information:

    • Your full name (maiden name if applicable)
    • Date of birth
    • Copy of your photo identification
    • School and year last attended
    • Daytime telephone number
    • Address to which information should be sent. 
    • Check or money order payable to the Rochester City School District ($4.00 for each transaction)

    Mail request and School Records Transaction Form to:
    Rochester City School District
    Student Records Department
    30 Hart Street, Room 104
    Rochester, New York 14605


    Upon receipt of your request, the information will be mailed to you. If you have any questions or need additional information, please call (585) 262-8523.

    For GED request please contact:
    The University of the State of New York

    State Education Department
    GED Testing Office
    P.O. Box 7348
    Albany, N.Y.  12224-0348
    (518) 474-5906


    Agencies Providing Services for RCSD Special Education Students:

    Please e-mail