Receivership Schools in the Rochester City School District
Under a State law that took effect in June 2015, schools that the state has determined are "Struggling" or "Persistently Struggling" must make significant gains in student achievement. If we fail to meet State targets in one or two years, an outsider receiver will be appointed to take over these schools.
Information about Receivership
- New York State Receivership Law: Regulations, FAQ, and Resources at NYSED.gov
- RCSD Receivership Theory of Action (Current)
- Superintendent's Overview Presentation (July 28, 2015)
- Receivership Community Engagement Team Plan (Current)
- Board of Education Receivership Forum Videos Morning Session | Afternoon Session
- RCSD Public Notification and Hearing Requirements (Current)
- Public Hearings on "Receivership" and school improvment plans
- 2018-19 Receivership Public Hearings (video)
RCSD Receivership Schools
Select a school below to view improvements plans, CET information, presentations, and more.