FamilyID Information and Registration for Athletics
The Rochester City School District is now offering the convenience of online registration for sports programming through FamilyID. FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides a user-friendly way to register for district sports programs. You enter your information only once for each family member for use with multiple programs.
Before You Register
Before you register for FamilyID, there are a few requirements needed to participate:
- Students must have a physical exam that was completed within the last 12 months. The physical exam must state that the student can participate in sports activities and must be signed by a physician or nurse practitioner. This document can be uploaded to FamilyID or a copy can be given to the nurse in your child’s school.
- A vision exam must have been completed within one year. If this has not been completed, you will be asked to see the nurse for a screening prior to being recertified.
- The student must also have an up-to-date Tetanus shot within the last 10 years.
- If your child has a medical alert and needs an epi-pen, inhaler, or any lifesaving medication, students must provide a self-carry order signed by the physician, parent and student. This must be provided prior to being recertified.
About the Registration Process
To register for a specific RCSD sports program, choose from the list of district offerings and click on the name of the Program in the left column. Each school program page will feature a letter and application deadline. Scroll to the bottom of this letter and choose the blue Register Now button to begin. If this is your first time using FamilyID, you must choose Create Account. You may click Log In to proceed if you already have a FamilyID account.
Steps for Online Account Creation
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering your information under Account Owner Sign Up, including First and Last name (parent/guardian), email address and password. Select 'I Agree to the Family ID Terms of Service'. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your email filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation email, which will log you in to FamilyID.com.
Steps to Register for a Specific Program
- Once in the registration form, you will be asked to choose a program and enter information requested for each athlete. All fields with a red asterisk (*) are required to have an answer.
- Click the Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green Submit button to complete the registration. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID to your provided email confirming your registration.
At any time, you may login at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s). To view a completed registration, select the Registration tab on the blue bar.