2020-21 Board Goals and Metrics
1. Improve the Financial Condition of RCSD
Working through the Finance, Policy and Audit committees using quantitative measures, and in concert with the Superintendent , the RCSD BOE will achieve this goal by:
- Reviewing and updating current RCSD policies relating to funding sources, expenditures and inefficiencies to improve the District’s financial condition
- Establishing budget parameters and priorities for cost efficiencies and equity for the 2021-2022 school year budget
- Adopting a Balanced Budget for the 2021-22 Fiscal Year that ensures the replenishment of a healthy District Fund Balance (Policy 6500)
2. Increase Academic Achievement
Focusing on increased graduation rates, attendance, achievement across all student groups, and access to rigorous course work, the RCSD BOE will work in conjunction with the Superintendent through the ESA, Policy and Governance committees to achieve this goal by:
- Establishing and annually monitoring the RCSD Strategic Plan with an emphasis on improved academic outcomes and key performance indicators
- Annually reviewing various metrics for student success as provided by the Superintendent of Schools
- Evaluating a study of K-12 curriculum areas to ensure districtwide equity, quality and consistency.
3. Increase Equity for All Students
With an equity and advocacy perspective, using both qualitative and quantitative data, the RCSD BOE will work in conjunction with the Superintendent through the CIGR, Policy and Finance Committees to achieve this goal by:
- Evaluating a study on community partnerships to ensure quality and return on investment and respond to proposed policy changes to provide consistent oversight moving forward.
- Revisiting the 2016 study of the Manage Choice Policy and conduct a review of District Placement practices from an equity perspective to assure that all schools provide the same capacity (per pupil spending, staffing, facilities) for equity, with the intention to develop a process for approval by the entire BOE for any recommended changes to be implemented by the 2022-2023 school year.
- Advocate at all levels for adequate funding (local, state, and federal levels) and develop a clear annual legislative agenda.