Level 3 Career Assessment
(not mandated by regulation)
The Level 3 Career Assessment (situational assessment) is a comprehensive career assessment that utilizes work, real or simulated, as the basis for assessment.
- Performed by individuals with vocational assessment experience
- 10 day minimum
- Provides the opportunity to assess the student’s social skills in the work environment.
- Assess work skills and habits to inform post-secondary plan
- RCSD - Level 3 Community Based Work Assessment (CBWA) - work-site based assessment to determine work skills and abilities of a a student (ex.BJ's Warehouse, Marshall's, Fresh Wise Food Catering, Monroe Muffler).
Generally, these assessment instruments are appropriate for students with the following learning styles:
- Concrete learner: a person whose primary way of learning is by doing. The concrete learner is a hands on learner who can apply skills only after they have been demonstrated and practiced.
- Poor generalization skills: This person does not apply skills learned in one environment to other environments. For this person, the application of learned knowledge is situation specific.
Completed the year before exiting (after a Level 1 Career Assessment has been performed).
The Level 3 Career Assessment is used to obtain additional information when the structured collection of information from the Level 1 Career Assessment is NOT sufficient to make a career programming decision
This style of evaluation is appropriate for the student’s abilities, disability and learning style.
The Level 3 Assessment may also be used if a Level 2 Career Assessment did not yield sufficient information to make a career programming decision.Note: A Level 3 Assessment may be done without performing a Level 2 assessment. The tool that best
matches the students learning styles should be used.