District Records Available to the PublicRequest to Access District Records under the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL)
FOIL requests are handled by the Rochester City School District’s Communications Department and may be submitted in one of three ways:RCSD, Communications Department
131 West Broad StreetRochester, NY 14614To ensure efficient processing of your application, please be sure to provide the following information:
- Requestor's name, address and telephone number.
- A reasonable description of the records sought, containing specific information which will allow the District to identify and locate the record.
- The requester's preference to inspect/review records, copy records or both.
The District’s Department of Law can either:
- Approve the request;
- Deny the request, stipulating the legal reasons for denial;
- Approve the request in part and deny the request in part (i.e., some of the requested materials are released and some are withheld or certain information is deleted for privacy reasons or other legal reasons), specifying the legal reasons for the denied portions thereof;
- Give notice of an extension of time needed to fulfill the request;
For a full subject matter list consisting of the categories of all records the district possesses, please consult the NYS Records Retention and Disposition Schedule.
There is a photocopying fee of 25 cents per page. You will be notified of the fee once your request is approved.