• Flexible Spending & Health Savings Account

  • The Flexible Spending Account (FSA) saves you money by reducing your taxable income. The FSA amount you elect gets deducted from your gross income and your taxes are calculated on the lower amount. You must enroll for this benefit yearly as it is not self-renewed. Enrollment is done during the Open Enrollment period. Forms can be found at PeopleSoft.

    Health care balances at the end of the year? We roll over a max of $650. Most claims are reimbursed without having to file if you are enrolled in a district health plan.



  • There are two kinds of FSA’s currently offered by the District:

  • Dependent Care

    Used for daycare expenses for dependents (children under 13, whom you claim as a dependent on your federal income tax return, a disabled spouse and other dependent on your tax return who resides with you and is physically or mentally disabled. Please note that FSA funds can be used for some summer camp day programs.

  • Health Care

    Used for out-of-pocket medical expenses such as copays, glasses, dental work and prescriptions. Qualifying dependents for Health Care FSA runs until they turn 26 years old.


    Useful Links: