• Flexible Spending Account

     A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) saves you money by reducing your taxable income. The FSA amount you elect gets deducted from your gross income and your taxes are calculated on the lower amount. You must enroll for this benefit yearly as it does not self renew. Enrollment is done during the Open Enrollment period.

    Health care balances at end of year? We roll over a max of $500.No card is issued. Most claims are reimbursed without having to file if you are enrolled in a district health plan.


    There are two kinds of FSA’s currently offered by the District

    • Dependent Care-Used for daycare expenses for dependents (children under 13, whom you claim as a dependent on your federal income tax return, a disabled spouse and other dependent on your tax return who resides with you and is physically or mentally disabled. Please note that FSA funds can be used for some summer camp day programs.
    • Health Care- Used for out-of-pocket medical expenses such as copays, glasses, dental work and prescriptions. Qualifying dependents for Health Care FSA runs until they turn 26 years old.
    • Qualifying Health Care Expenses

    Legislation Changes That May Impact Your Spending Account

    Use below Links to access the forms   
            FSA Direct Deposit Authorization Form

            FSA Dependent Care Account

            FSA Certificate of Medical Necessity

            FSA Reimbursement Request Form