DUE TO COVID-19, SCHOOL OF THE ARTS WILL NOT BE HOSTING A 2021 PROM FOR GRADES 11-12 STUDENTS. WE LOOK FORWARD TO 2022!
School of the Arts hosts an annual prom for juniors and seniors who are welcome to attend once the following requirements are met:
- Passing all classes.
- Have not missed more than four (4) days in the Marking Period 4.
- Fulfilled their financial responsibility regarding: uniforms, locks, cap and gown, returned all text/library books, paid all outstanding bills, and exam fees.
- Completed all graduation requirements including, but not limited to, submitting a graduation photo.
- Completed their Community Service obligation necessary for graduation.
- Academic standing and discipline issues may also affect eligibility.
Please Note: Attendance to the prom is at the sole discretion of the Administration.
SOTA students may ask to bring a date from another school to prom. Students who choose to bring a guest from another school are expected to do the following:
- Submit a VISITOR FORM, found in the third floor Academy Office, completed by the Guest’s home school administrator, or if not attending high school, permission granted from the parent/guardian of the SOTA student.
- Two-weeks prior to the purchase of prom tickets, students must turn-in the completed VISITOR FORM for verification/approval of the guest.
- SOTA students and their guests MUST arrive to the prom by 9:00 PM or they will not be allowed to enter the event.
- On the evening of the prom, SOTA students and guests MUST turn-over their driver’s license or a valid picture school ID upon entering the venue. These items will be returned to the owner at the end of the evening.
- If any student/guest attending the prom leaves the area designated for SOTA without an official escort for any reason, they will not be granted re-entry to the prom.
- Students/guests who attend the prom who are believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed entry to the prom, or will be detained until the parent or authorities have arrived.
- Any questions regarding this policy may be directed to the Assistant Principal of the junior and senior class.