School of the Arts hosts an annual prom at the end of the school year for juniors and seniors who:
- Who are passing all classes
- Have not missed more than 4 days in the 4th marking period
- Fulfilled their financial responsibility such as uniforms, locks, cap and gown, returned all text/library books, paid all outstanding bills and exam fees
- Completed all graduation requirements, to include but not limited to graduation photo
- Completed their Community Service obligation necessary for graduation are welcome to attend. Please Note: Academic standing and discipline issues may also affect eligibility.
Please Note: Attendance to the prom is at the sole discretion of the Administration.
SOTA students may ask to bring a date from another school to prom. Students who choose to bring a guest from another school are expected to do the following:
- Submit a VISITOR FORM, found in the third floor Academy Office, completed by the Guest’s home school administrator or if not attending high school, permission from the parent/guardian of the SOTA student.
- Two weeks prior to the purchase of prom tickets you must turn-in the completed VISITOR FORM for verification/approval of the guest.
- SOTA students and their guests MUST arrive to the prom by 9:00 PM or they will not be allowed to enter the event.
- On the evening of the prom, SOTA students and guests MUST turn over their driver’s license or a valid picture school ID upon entering the venue. These items will be returned to the owner at the end of the evening.
- If any student/guest attending the prom leaves the area designated for the SOTA, for any reason without an official escort, re-entry will not be permitted for that student.
- Students/guests who attend the prom and are believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed entry to the prom or will be detained until the parent or, authorities have arrived. Any questions regarding this policy may be directed to the Assistant Principal of the Junior and Senior Class.