45 Prince Street, 14607
Phone: (585) 242-7682Fax: (585) 256-6580www.sotarochester.org
Brenda Pacheco, PrincipalSchool of the Arts...
~ click link above ~
- Is located in the Neighboorhood of the Arts at the corner of Prince Street and University Avenue, within walking distance of the Memorial Art Gallery, Eastman Theatre, Writers & Books, Visual Studies Workshop, and other cultural organizations.
- Has both a Middle School program - Grades 7-8 and a High School program - Grades 9-12.
- Requires students to carry a full academic course load as well as a fine arts sequence.
- Offers a rich diversity of arts courses within six major Fine Arts concentrations:
- Creative Writing
- Music - Instrumental and Vocal
- Visual Arts
- Theatre Technology
- Provides opportunities for students to participate in performances and exhibitions in their field of study.
- Requires additional time commitments involving an extended day.
- Demands achievement in the high school program in three areas: academics, arts, and humanistic concerns.
- Offers students the opportunity to earn the Certificate of Employability, which is endorsed by employers throughout Rochester who consider it when making hiring decisions.
- Averages 92% attendance.
- Has more than 90% of its graduates go on to colleges and universities including: Harvard, Smith, Cornell, Yale, University of Rochester, RIT, Potsdam, Brockport, and NYU.
Last Modified on October 31, 2016