SOTA'S PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT...
proudly providing effective, non-traditional physical education.
- Be on time, be prepared, be engaged in active participation. Early is on time and on time is late!
- Book bags, outerwear, and jackets are prohibited during all Physical Education classes.
- The Dress Code will be strictly enforced. This includes, but is not limited to hats, hoodies, and bandannas.
- Disrespect/disruption to the educational process is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to: bullying, profanity, food consumption and personal grooming.
- Positives for following expectations: Good News cards sent
- Class leader for stretching
- Choice Day
- T-shirt and proper fitting shorts, or sweatpants; these must be different from those worn to school. Jeans worn under sweatpants are not considered being prepared for class. No jeggings, leggings, or joggers!
- Sneakers which are laced and tied; no sneaker boots or any shoe without backs. These are not considered sneakers and cannot be worn in class.
- Students will be issued a lock and a locker at the beginning of the year. If this lock is missing at the end of the year, the student will be assessed a $5.00 fee to replace the lock.
- Students will be instructed in a variety of activities throughout the school year. Activities will be divided into team sports and individual categories such as: Volleyball vs. Orienteering. Students may also have the option to spend 2-weeks in weight-training and the walking program alternating every other class. The primary focus will be on the individual improvement of fitness scores.
ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT STAFF
Mr. Michelsen, Athletic Director - DAVID.MICHELSEN@RCSDK12.ORG
Ms. Bernard - ANDREA.BERNARD@RCSDK12.ORG
Ms. Capezzuto - CHERYL.CAPEZZUTO@RCSDK12.ORG
Mr. Oneill - RYAN.ONEILL@RCSDK12.ORG
Ms. Vandermallie - SHERRY.VANDERMALLIE@RCSDK12.ORG
HEALTH DEPARTMENT STAFF
Ms. Ferris - LAURA FERRIS@RCSDK12.ORG
Mr. Wilson - RYAN WILSON@RCSDK12.ORG
~ Feel Free to Contact Us at Any Time ~