RECIHS scholars attended the Global Citizenship Conference at Nazareth College once again. We were thrilled to be invited back for the invigorating sessions where the focus for scholars was to:
- Become more aware of the diversity of cultural and religious traditions and belief systems that exist and how they shape people’s lives.
- Learn about a religious tradition/belief system with which they are unfamiliar, helping them to gain understanding and dispel stereotypes.
- Encounter a safe environment where they can become aware of, and dialogue about, issues of religious intolerance that have occurred in their schools and communities.
- Become more aware of healthy ways of responding to conflict in order to better promote understanding.
- Learn some fundamental guidelines and etiquette to help them interact respectfully in a pluralistic society.