Here at East High School, we offer a wide variety of tutoring options for struggling students. Besides resources available during the school day, we also partner with many difference agencies and programs to offer additional tutoring after school and even during the weekends. Below is a list of tutoring options put together by our Counseling Department:
Center for Youth –Tutoring can be arranged to occur during or after school through Center for Youth and other agencies. Contact the Student Support Center for more information – 288-3130, x2130 or x2126
Upward Bound – Tutoring is available in F217 – the Career and Counseling Center – every Tuesday from 2:00pm to 4:30pm, all students, all subjects.
AVID Math Tutoring- Student from St. John Fisher is available to tutor students in advanced Math on Mondays and Wednesdays periods 1-4 and Fridays periods 1 & 2. See Ms. Forward for more information.
TLI Tutoring – St. John Fisher College students and retired teachers are available for extra help Monday through Friday for one hour after school in room E116. Space is limited. Students may report directly to Mrs. Delehanty in E116.
- Northeast Area Development (NEAD) - Homework Assistance in Math, English, Science, Social Studies and Foreign Language. Two locations: St. Phillip International Church, 64 Niagara Street, Mondays-Fridays 2:30pm-5:30pm and Saturdays 1:00 to 3:00pm, contact Mrs. Tracy Harris at 727-2204 or 630 N. Goodman from 2:00pm-7:00pm, contact Ms. Brittany Calvin at 482-8359. Both sites provide a hot meal and evening activities.
- Dial-A-Teacher Homework Hotline – Homework help is available Monday through Thursday from 3:30pm to 7:00pm by dialing 262-5000 (Se habla Espanol). There are tutors available at Arnett Library, Monday through Thursday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. Students can also watch Homework Hotline Monday through Thursday from 5:30pm to 6:00pm on WXXI (Channel 21, Cable Channel 11).
- Hillside Work Scholarship Program Tutoring – Tutoring is available to students in this program. Please contact your advocate for details.
- RASA – Tutoring is available to students in this program Monday through Friday. Please contact Beth O’Donnell for details – 288-3130, x1166.
- NJROTC Student Tutoring – The NJROTC instructors are available during and after school for their students (9-12) and mentees (7 & 8). Also free SAT online prep program open to all students enrolled in NJROTC. Please contact Mr. Green or Mr. Shafer directly or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other Resources - Many recreation centers and community agencies offer after school programs:
Baden Street Settlement 325-4910 Boys and Girls Club 328-3077 Community Place of Rochester 288-0021 Puerto Rican Youth Development 325-3570 LDA Life and Learning Services 263-3323 Threshold Ctr for Alternative Youth Services 454-7530 SouthWest Area Neighborhood Assoc. 436-8201 Urban League of Rochester 325-6530
- For help preparing for Regents exams there is a free website – www.RegentsPrep.org
- For history and geography – Visit www.plasma.nationalgeographic.com/mapmachine,
- For a virtual library – Visit www.bartleby.com