East High Upper SchoolWelcome toMs. Casarett's ENL/ELA Site
For the 2020-21 school year, I am teaching NYSAA ENL 10 and co-teaching the following classes:
African American Literature with Mrs. Clancy and Mr. Beauchamp
Latin American Literature with Mrs. Clancy
English IV with Mr. Avino and Mrs. Snyder
English I/II Seminar with Mr. Freece and Mrs. Snyder
NYSAA Literacy 9-12 with Mrs. Bringley
Family Group with Mr. WestrichSchool Contacts:Rooms:
remote learning through Zoom and Google Classroom; hybrid learning rooms in 2020-21 Schedule
585-288-3130Words of Wisdom:
"If you are tempted to say I CAN'T, have the courage to say YET."
Anonymous (Unknown author)"If you’re not willing to learn, no one can help you.
If you’re determined to learn, no one can stop you."Zig Ziglar (motivational speaker)"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture.Just get people to stop reading them."
Ray Bradbury (author)"Today is only one day in all the days that will ever be.But will happen in all the other days that will ever come can depend on what you do today."Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls
NEWS! NEWS!Spring Break: No School 3/27/21 - 4/4/21End of Marking Period 3: Friday, 4/16/21Hybrid instruction started East on Thursday, February 25. Participants in Grades 9-12 have in-person instruction on Thursday and Friday each week. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday remain remote.Even if you are vaccinated, all students and staff must follow the safety protocols for COVID-19:
- Wear a cloth or disposable mask that covers nose, mouth, and chin at all times except when eating
- Throw tissues and trash in the wastebasket; NO LITTERING!
- Wash hands frequently; use hand sanitizer
- Clean surfaces between classes
- Practice safe distancing, 6 feet apart; the cafeteria seating and classroom desks are arranged for this
- If you feel sick, stay home; notify the school; call your doctor if necessary
- To lower risk of infection: stay at home if possible; practice social distancing; wear a cloth mask in public to prevent infecting others; wash your hands frequently; do not touch eyes, nose, or mouth
- Understand: even if you feel fine, even if you received the vaccine, you can still spread COVID to others
- For updates, check RCSD's COVID page: https://www.rcsdk12.org/covid19
Access ROConnect. ROConnect is the one-login landing page for students, teachers and staff to access their educational, professional and business applications from school and home.
Access RCSD Learns. RCSD Learns links Families and Students and Staff to resources and Troubleshooting Tips.Please review East's Cellphone Policy.Student E-mail:Students access classes through Google Classroom. Your teachers give you class codes. Teachers can contact you through your Google email. Parent may also provide their email here.Use Google Classroom and your Google Drive account, to receive and send school work:
- Chrome browser
- Username: your student ID number @rcsd121.org
- Password: your current district password
- App Grid (square of squares) to access Mail (M) Classroom (chalkboard), and Drive (triangle)
- Invitations to join classes or view materials will be in your mail
- Shared materials will be in Drive: Shared with Me
- Create and share materials on My Drive