East High Upper SchoolWelcome toMs. Casarett's ENL/ELA Site
For the 2020-21 school year, I am teaching NYSAA ENL 10 and co-teaching the following classes:
African American Literature with Mrs. Clancy and Mr. Beauchamp
Latin American Literature with Mrs. Clancy
English IV with Mr. Avino and Mrs. Snyder
English I/II Seminar with Mr. Freece and Mrs. Snyder
NYSAA Literacy 9-12 with Mrs. Bringley
Family Group with Mr. WestrichSchool Contacts:Rooms:
currently distance learning through Zoom and Google Classroom
585-288-3130Words of Wisdom:
"If you are tempted to say I CAN'T, have the courage to say YET."
Anonymous (Unknown author)"If you’re not willing to learn, no one can help you.
If you’re determined to learn, no one can stop you."Zig Ziglar (motivational speaker)"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture.Just get people to stop reading them."
Ray Bradbury (author)"Today is only one day in all the days that will ever be.But will happen in all the other days that will ever come can depend on what you do today."Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls
NEWS! NEWS!Thank you to the families who joined the October Parent Teacher Conferences. We appreciated the opportunity to talk with you.For at least the first ten weeks of the 2020-2021 school year, and for all students and all grades, the Rochester City School District will have remote teaching and learning only.Coronavirus update:
- To lower risk of infection: stay at home if possible; practice social distancing; wear a cloth mask in public to prevent infecting others; wash your hands frequently; do not touch eyes, nose, or mouth
- For updates, check RCSD's COVID page: https://www.rcsdk12.org/covid19
Access ROConnect. ROConnect is the one-login landing page for students, teachers and staff to access their educational, professional and business applications from school and home.
Access RCSD Learns. RCSD Learns links Families and Students and Staff to resources and Troubleshooting Tips.Please review East's Cellphone Policy.Student E-mail:Students, do you know you have a school e-mail account? Open this file to learn how to access it.You also have a Google Drive account, to receive and send school work:
- Chrome browser
- Username: your student ID number @rcsd121.org
- Password: your current district password
- App Grid (square of squares) to access Mail (M) and Drive (triangle)
- Invitations to view materials will be in your mail
- Shared materials will be in Drive: Shared with Me
- Create and share materials on My Drive