Pre-K Social Workers
Working with you for the academic and emotional success of your student.
Pre-K Social Workers are assigned to EPK and UPK classrooms in both district and Community Based Organization (CBO) sites. The Pre-K Social Workers collaborate with families and teachers to support the academic and emotional growth of students.
Supports provided include:
- Interdisciplinary consultation services to Early Childhood Support Services team members, administratiors, and classroom teachers regarding student and family struggles, concerns, and/or needs.
- Linkage, coordination and case management sercies for students and families with collaborative agency and community resource networks.
- Assist culturally diverse populations and behaviorally challenging children through various interventions and modalities.
- Home visits to assess and build bridges and linkages between home and school environments.
- Interventions for students who have alleged neglect, emotional, physical, and/or sexual abuse and report incident to Child Protective Services.
All school social workers affiliated with RCSD hold master's degrees in social work, are licensed by New York State, and hold current certification in school social work with the New York State Department of Education. All social workers engage in ongoing training to ensure that students, families, and school staff recieve the highest quality supports.
- School 33 & RECEC-North
- Schools 2, 7, 10, 12, 16, 22, 23, 29, 34, 39, RISE, 42, 50, 52, ABC Head Start, Creative Beginnings, FRC Peter Castle, Friendship CC, Little Hearts, MCC, Oregon Leopold, RCN, St. Paul's Daycare
- Schools 4, 5, 8, 9, 15, 17, 19, 25, 45, 46, Asbury, Baden Street, Caring & Sharing, Community Childcare Center, Community Place, Generations, IBERO, VOA, YMCA
- Pamela Chadwick
- Maureen Devine-Lorenzo
- Anissa Libardi