The Rochester City School District Early Childhood Department has adopted the HighScope Curriculum for use in all of our PreK classrooms. The HighScope Curriculum is aligned with the NYS Prekindergarten Foundation for the Common Core Learning Standards. Click here to go directly to the HighScope website.
Here are some direct links to HighScope resources:
- Membership: (free) provides access to both current and past issues of their publication, Extensions, a full library of Web Clips available to members only, a quarterly email newsletter and many other valuable resources on their "Members Only" page
- Video clips: (available without membership) provide examples of various components of HighScope Curriculum.
- Common Core-HighScope KDIs: Crosswalk between the New York State Prekindergarten Foundation for the Common Core Learning Standards and the HighScope KDIs (Key Developmental Indicators - childhood milestones that guide teachers as they plan and assess learning experiences and interact with children to support learning).
- Common Core-HighScope COR Advantage: Crosswalk between the New York State Prekindergarten Foundation for the Common Core Learning Standards and the HighScope Preschool COR.
- HighScope COR Advantage-KDI Alignment: The Preschool COR (Child Observation Record, an assessment instrument) is aligned with the HighScope Key Developmental Indicators
- HighScope Expanded KDI List: Detailed explanation of Key Developmental Indicators
- HighScope Forums: Sign in for access to online discussion forum.