Favor tener en cuenta el botón, “Translate” en la parte superior de la página, si desea leer cualquier parte del sitio web en español.
Pre-Kindergarten Annual Lottery
Each spring, the RCSD Early Childhood Department holds a lottery for 3-year-olds and 4-year-olds who have applied for program seats, based on the choices on your application. We will inform you of your child's assigned program in June. If you do not get your first choice of school, your child will be placed on a waiting list according to the lottery number. Following the lottery, seats are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. If classes are filled, your child can be put on additional waiting lists. This year's lottery deadline was April 29, 2022. Please contact us today for registration support.
Applications for Pre-K classes starting the following September can be submitted starting in January of each calendar year. We ask you to make three choices on your application.
What should I expect from a Pre-K class?
- Your child will spend 6 hours in a Pre-K program.
- Many Community Partners offer extended day, wraparound care and/or transportation.
- Curriculum is aligned to NYS Pre-Kindergarten Next Generation Standards and ensures continuity with elementary grades.
- Activities are learner-centered and promote a child's growth and development.
- There are NYS certified teachers in both school and community sites.
When is Pre-K offered?
- Monday through Friday, six hour full-day programs.
- 180 days during the school year.
- Follows the RCSD school calendar with a few exceptions.
Where is Pre-K offered?
Pre-K is offered in schools as well as in community-based organizations.
Explore available locations here.