Graphic Imaging II
Prerequisite: Graphic Imaging I
In this intermediate level media course, students will use the Adobe Creative Suite to work through various forms of animation, original creation, digital manipulation, and production. This hands-on course applies publishing and presentation concepts to the development of brochures, catalogs, newsletters, flyers, web ads, on-screen presentations, animations and video productions. Students will use industry standard procedures to produce professional quality projects. (1.0 credit)
Teacher: Dawn DeHollander Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Overall grading is done at the end of each marking period. Students’ grades will be based on:
- Tests (30%) – There will be a written format test at the end of each unit.
- Projects (40%) – There will be a design project at the end of each unit.
- Being Prepared (5%) – This includes being on time and prepared to work every day.
- Classwork (25%) – This includes following along during presentations as well as using work time
I expect students to be ON TIME every day and be ready to participate. Respect and take care of our materials, equipment, and supplies. Be willing to try new things and solve problems in new and unique ways. And follow these three simple rules: Be safe. Don’t prevent me from teaching. Don’t prevent others from learning.
Unit 1: Publication Design
- InDesign: Overview of program layout, setting up a document, placing and manipulating text and imagery, tables, element effects. Creation of Calendar and Magazine Layout.
Unit 2: Advertising Design
- Role of Advertising Designer, advertising vehicles, advertising appeals, how web design differs from print design, slogan creation, brand mascot creation. Creation of Brochure in InDesign and Static/Animated Web Ads in Photoshop.
Unit 3: Identity Design
- What an identity is and how it visually communicated the identity of a company. Creation of logos, business cards, letterheads, envelopes, collateral merchandise and web ads in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Unit 4: Package Design
- Role of Package Designer, form v function, evaluation of a package design, food packaging materials, brand emblem creation, turning 2D designs into 3D products, creating a design pitch presentation. Creation of Cereal Box, Beverage Bottle Label and Brand Choice Package in Illustrator and Photoshop.