Automotive Technology Lab Rules and Procedures
1. Enter the classroom quietly, BEFORE the class start time. Pick-up the class assignment and sit in your assigned seat and begin your class assignment.
2. Students will remain in their assigned seat at all times.
3. Students clothing must follow the school and RCSD dress code. As you know, hats, headbands, and hoods will not be worn in our school. Your pants must be kept pulled-up; no sagging! And, shirts must always cover your midriff, front and back.
4. Students will be respectful of others. Students will not be rude, loud, threatening, or disrespectful. Name calling and bullying will not be tolerated.
5. Students will learn to talk in a professional and business-like manner. The use of profanity, inappropriate street talk, or slang will not be tolerated.
6. Students will not talk with classmates while the teacher is trying to teach a lesson. Low level talking is ONLY permitted during technology activity time when students are doing their assignments and interacting with their partners.
7. If you need to go to the bathroom raise your hand. I will let you go as long as you are not abusing this privilege. Do not walk out. You cannot be in the hall without a hall pass.
8. Do not bring electronics, cards, food, drink, candy, sunflower seeds, gum, etc. to the classroom. Keep electronics in your locker or in your bookbag, and turned off. If you take them out, you will have to surrender them to me or an SSO.
9. Students are responsible to safeguard auto tech lab equipment. Do not touch any tools, laboratory equipment, or computers until you are told to do so. Everything must be cleaned-up and turned-in before class can be dismissed.
10. When it is time for dismissal, students must remain seated until the bell rings. The teacher will first dismiss students that have finished clean-up, are sitting quietly, and are demonstrating appropriate behavior. 9th period, I will not pass out phones until the last 2-minutes of class; and, you cannot leave until the bell rings.
STUDENTS THAT FAIL TO FOLLOW THESE CLASS RULES WILL BE GIVEN A CONSEQUENCE, OR POSSIBLY HAVE TO STAY AFTER SCHOOL TO MAKE-UP MISSED CLASS TIME.