Assist parents in becoming confident, active leaders to support our children in reaching their highest potential.
What We’re Doing:
Engaging Edison & PTECH parents in meaningful learning opportunities, thereby equipping them with knowledge and tools, empowering them as leaders in their children’s education.What We Offer:
Why Get Involve:
- Parent Leadership Academy
- School-to-Home Communications
- Parent Group Support
- Learning experiences that empower parents in helping their children succeed
Ways to Get Involved:Parent Teacher Conference
- Research shows that parent involvement can improve students' behavior, attendance, and achievement.
- Regardless of socioeconomic status, education, or racial backgrounds, parents and caregivers are crucial when it comes to establishing a child’s attitude towards learning.
- Students with positive attitudes towards learning see it as a natural and engaging process, creating a lifelong curiosity for knowledge, and a proactive approach.
- Students with positive attitudes have less stress and more creative problem-solving skills, and also contribute to an overall positive atmosphere in the broader school community.
- With your support, our children can excel in earning higher grades and test scores, and also in demonstrating healthy social skills.
- Have face to face meeting with your child’s teacher
- Discuss your child’s academic progress and social behavior
- Review your child's schedule
- Meet your child’s teachers
- Learn about school/class expectations and curriculum
Powerschool Parent Portal
- Get firsthand information about resources and opportunities for your child
- Network with other parents who desire to enrich their children's educational experience
Workshops/Parent Leadership Academy
- For more information, and to download the app, visit https://www.rcsdk12.org/rcsdlink
- Log onto https://rcsdsis.powerschool.com/public/ to sign in from any computer, at any time
- Review homework assignments, grades, class scores, and class/school attendance
- Access school calendars & notifications
- Access contact info for teachers & staff
- Get strategies on how to advocate for your child
- Prepare for leadership roles in school and in the community
- Graduate with a certificate of completion
- Attend student academic/recognition events
- Solicit community/businesses for donations to support your child’s grade level projects and events