Edison Career & Technology High School
We value the concept of partnering with both students and parents to create the optimal leaning opportunity for all involved. This requires each partner to take on and honor the following roles and responsibilities:
The school/district will agree to the following:
- Build positive working relationships with our students/families that will serve as the foundation for our partnership together as we move forward as a team.
- Come to school each day with a positive attitude knowing that all our students have great potential. In this spirit, well-prepared classroom lessons will be consistently designed to assist students in the learning process. We will model the importance of hard work, persistence, overcoming adversity, and working together.
- Help all of our students do their best in school. We will encourage each student to work hard, develop his or her talents, meet high expectations, and cooperate with teachers and other students.
- Communicate clearly and frequently so that all families understand school programs and their child’s progress. We will enable families to contact teachers and administrators with questions about their children and about school programs.
- Assist families and student to understand and discuss homework policies, report card grades, and support other activities that encourage family involvement in student learning. We will guide families to monitor their children’s homework and to discuss report card grades/academic goals with their children.
- Arrange ways for parents and other volunteers to use their time and talents to assist our students at school, in our class, or at home. We will vary schedules to encourage families to attend events, assemblies, and celebrations at school.
- Structure our school culture and climate so that it is inviting to all of our families, community, and partners.
- Help develop a comprehensive program of school, family, and community partnership at this school.
Students will agree to the following:
- Do my best in school. I will work hard and cooperate with my teachers and other students.
- Push myself to read challenging books at least 30 minutes a night.
- Come to school and class on time each day with a positive attitude about course work and about being a student. If I am absent due to illness, I will make up classwork or homework that I missed.
- Act as a positive mentor to one of my peers during the school year.
- Take notices home from school promptly and deliver notices to my teacher from home. I will participate in parent-teacher-student conferences and inform my family about school activities and events.
- Participate in at least one after-school activity throughout the school year.
- Come to school in appropriate attire by complying with the RCSD dress code policy.Complete my homework assignments. I will discuss homework with my family to share what I am learning in class. I will discuss my report card grades and academic goals with my family.Welcome volunteers to my school and work with parents or others to assist me, my classmates, my teacher, or my school. I will contribute my talents and time to my family, school and community.
Parents will agree to the following:
- Help my child to do well in school. I will encourage my child to work hard and cooperate with teachers and other students
- Send my child to school on time each day with a positive attitude about school and about being a student. If my child is absent due to illness, I will see that the missed work is made up.
- Read notices from the school and communicate with teachers or others about questions that I have about school programs or my child’s progress. I will participate in parent-teacher-student conferences and other school events.
- Challenge and assist my child in age appropriate reading for at least 30 minutes a night.
- Make sure that my child comes to school inappropriate attire.
- Check to see that my child completes the homework that is assigned. I will encourage my child to discuss homework, classwork, report card grades, and academic goals with me.
- Assist my child with any and all academic work to the best of my ability.
- Volunteer to work at
school or at home to conduct activities to assist my child and the teacher,
class, and community. I will encourage my child to contribute talents and
time to home, school, and community.