Starting with the 2015-16 school year, we have united Edison Career and Technology High School in the City School District, poised to be a positive force in the Rochester and Finger Lakes regional economy.
Edison Tech students take rigorous academic and technical coursework along with work-based learning in four distinct career pathways. Our mission is to ensure that an Edison Tech graduate is exceptionally well prepared for jobs in high-demand, rewarding career fields.
The bedrock for our pathways approach to education is the idea of linked learning which ties academics, technical training, work-based learning, and support services to create a valuable and relevant education that will inform and excite students.
Why do students come to Edison Tech?
- Teachers provide relevant hands-on instruction in labs, shops, and classrooms
- Career pathways link academic and technical coursework
- Students gain work experience at every grade lever, including workplace visits, mentoring opportunities, internships, and work-based experience
- Graduates can earn industry credentials and college credits. P-TECH students will earn a two-year degree at no-charge along with their Edison diploma
- Students can take an alternate assessment option in place of one Regents exam
- Sports, music, clubs, and extra-curricular activities provide a well-rounded education