Event Name: www.rcsdk12.org
Rochester Early College International High School
Principal- Uma Mehta
Vice Principal-June Bailey
Head Secretary-Laiza Bermudez-McKnight
Parent Liaison-Shelly Strothers
We welcome students who are highly motivated, hardworking and self-disciplined to pursue their dreams of going to college. Being an International High School, we invite students from all over the world to become a part of our Early College Family. We provide a strong support system for our students to be successful.
Rochester Early College International High School is the only High School in the Rochester City School District that offers an Early College Program. We honor our partnership with Monroe Community College which allows our scholars to take college courses at the MCC campus while they are still in school. Here are some features about our school:
• Grades 9-12
• Small school of about 400 students with family like environment
• Culture of academic excellence with High Expectations
• Rigorous and Accelerated Academic Program
• Dual Credit courses in Grades 9 and 10
• Free of cost College Courses in Grades 11 and 12 at MCC campus
• Strong support system to promote student success
• Earn High School diploma and more than 24 transferrable college credits
Early college is an educational transformation model that was developed and implemented by Jobs for the Future and our national partners, with funding from the Gates Foundation in 2002. Early colleges are high schools that bring college into high school. They expose all students to college coursework, preparing them for college and careers and reducing time and cost toward postsecondary degrees.
If you would like to learn more about our school, please call us at 324-9010.