Dear Parents and Guardians,
Hello and I would like to welcome your son or daughter to Leadership Education and Training! If their schedule shows that they are taking Military Science, we are in the process of working with the Rochester City School District to change the name to what is nationally recognized by the U.S. Army and Department of Defense.
What is Leadership Education and Training?
We are NOT a recruiting tool for the U.S. Army! And, we are not a Military Science class! I do not teach tactics, strategy, ballistics, weapon capabilities, or anything else related to Military Science. Instead, I teach leadership, and how your son or daughter can be a leader in our community! We do use the military organization and structure as a framework to teach leadership and responsibility, but that’s as close as we get to the military. Large corporations, the FBI, CIA, Department of Homeland Security, and yes the Military, are all looking for graduates with Leadership Education experience and education on their transcripts and resumes. That is what we provide!
The Leadership Education and Training classes are part of the Junior Reserve Officer’s Training Corps (JROTC) program. Federal funding is provided to the Rochester City School District for this program. It consists of several parts. The Leadership Education and Training curriculum is the academic, in-class instruction portion of JROTC. Our after school program gets students involved in their community.
The program outcomes of the JROTC program are:
- Act with integrity and personal accountability as you lead others to succeed in a diverse and global workforce
- Engage in civic and social concerns in the community, government, and society
- Graduate prepared to succeed in post-secondary
options and career pathways
- Make decisions that promote positive social, emotional,
and physical health
- Value the role of the military and other service organizations
Challenges and Opportunities that our After School Program provides:
- Sharpen communication skills of our students by leading peers
- Promote and encourage citizenship through participation in planning and conducting community service projects
- Develop leadership potential through service learning projects
- Strengthen student’s self-esteem by showing them they make a difference
- Improve their physical fitness by competing with other schools across the Buffalo and Rochester area
- We provide incentives to live drug-free
- Promote graduation from high school and develop a solid foundation for career development. Our after school program has a 94% High School graduation rate nation wide.
I look forward to developing and mentoring your son’s and daughter’s in their journey to becoming responsible young adults. The most rewarding experience in my position, is watching them come to us as freshmen, and leaving as graduates who truly know what it takes to be successful and significant in our community.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I can be reached at: William.email@example.com.
U.S. Army Retired