Dear Parents and Guardians,
Hello and I would like to welcome your son or daughter to Leadership Education and Training!
We are NOT a recruiting tool for the U.S. Army! I give your son or daughter the skills and knowledge to make a positive difference in our community. We do use the military organization and structure as a framework to teach leadership and responsibility, but that’s as close as we get. Large corporations, the FBI, CIA, Department of Homeland Security, and the Military, are all looking for graduates with Leadership Education on their transcripts and resumes. That is what we provide!
Our classes follow The Junior Reserve Officer’s Training Corps (JROTC) curriculum. Federal funding is provided to the Rochester City School District for this program. It consists of several parts. The Leadership Education and Training curriculum is the academic, in-class instruction portion of JROTC. Our optional after school program provides our scholars an opportunity to apply leadership leasons learned in class to real world challenges.
The program outcomes of the JROTC program are:
- Act with integrity and personal accountability as you lead others to succeed in a diverse and global workforce
- Engage in civic and social concerns in the community, government, and society
- Graduate prepared to succeed in post-secondary
options and career pathways
- Make decisions that promote positive social, emotional,
and physical health
- Value the role of the military and other service organizations
The Challenges and Opportunities that our After School Program:
- Sharpen communication skills of our students by leading peers
- Promote and encourage citizenship through participation in planning and conducting community service projects
- Develop leadership potential through service learning projects
- Strengthen student’s self-esteem by showing them they make a difference
- Improve their physical fitness by competing with other schools across the Buffalo and Rochester area
- We provide incentives to live drug-free
- Promote graduation from high school and develop a solid foundation for career development. Our after school program has a 94% High School graduation rate nation wide.
I look forward to developing and mentoring your son or daughter in their journey to becoming responsible young adults. The most rewarding experience in my position is watching them come to us as freshmen, and leaving as graduates who truly know what it takes to be successful and significant in our community.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I can be reached at: William.firstname.lastname@example.org.
U.S. Army Retired