My name is Roberta McGill, the assigned social worker for Rochester Early College International High School. I have been with Rochester City School District consistently since 2013. There are many roles of a school social worker which includes the following:
• Provide interdisciplinary consultation services to Educational Support Service team members, administrators and classroom teachers regarding student and family problems, concerns and other needs.
• Provide clinical services via individual and group counseling for youth in the educational setting
• Offer crisis counseling services and promote emotional health for students in the academic setting
• Assess student & family needs and link to appropriate community resource
• Assist teachers and other staff members in developing academic and social/emotional goals for Individualized Educational Plans (IEP) for students in need of special education services.
Should you have questions or require support, I can be reached at 585-324-9010 ext. 3150