Daily Home Health Screening Procedures for Families
Health screening and temperature checks for in-person students must be conducted at home before coming to school each day.
Each morning before school, please assess your children using the following questions:
- Have they been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have they tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
- Do they have a temperature of 100.0°F or higher?
- Have they traveled within the last 10 days internationally, or to one of the states that are on the quarantine list?
- Do they have any of the following symptoms of COVID-19:
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- sore throat
- a new loss of taste or smell
- muscle or body aches
- congestion or a runny nose
- diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting
When you screen your children, look for symptoms that are new, worsening, or that are not consistent with the pattern of a previously known chronic medical condition.
If you answer yes to any one of these questions, or if your child has a temperature of 100.0°F or greater, you must notify the School Nurse and keep your child home. Your School Nurse can provide further direction about returning to school.
For more information on how to contact your child's school, please visit www.rcsdk12.org/schools.