RCSD will emphasize healthy hygiene practices for students and staff by providing initial and refresher education in hand and respiratory hygiene, along with providing adequate supplies and time for frequent hand hygiene. Signs will be posted throughout the school (e.g., entrances, restrooms, cafeteria, classrooms, administrative offices, auditorium, and custodial staff areas). Supplies will be provided to allow for proper hand and respiratory hygiene. Training and signage will be utilized to encourage good hygiene practices and remind individuals to:
- Stay home if they feel sick.
- Cover their nose and mouth with an acceptable face covering when unable to maintain social distance from others or in accordance with any stricter policy implemented by the school.
- Properly store and, when necessary, discard PPE.
- Adhere to social distancing instructions.
- Report symptoms of, or exposure to, COVID-19.
- Follow hand hygiene, and cleaning and disinfection guidelines.
- Follow respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette.
Hand Hygiene and Hand Sanitizer Use
- Hand hygiene stations with soap, water, and paper towels or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing 60% or more alcohol will be provided.
- Handwashing supplies will be provided in all bathrooms.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided at the main entrance of each building and throughout buildings as needed.
- Employees that are not assigned to a building will be supplied hand sanitizer.
- Training and education will be provided on proper hand hygiene, including how to properly wash hands, when to wash hands, and how and when to properly use hand sanitizer.
- Hand hygiene will occur:
- Upon entering the building and/or each classroom.
- After using shared objects or surfaces (e.g., electronic devices, musical instruments, writing utensils, tools, toys, desks, or tabletops).
- Before and after snacks and lunch.
- After using the bathroom.
- After helping a student with toileting.
- After sneezing, wiping, or blowing nose, or coughing into hands.
- Upon coming in from outdoors.
- Anytime hands are visibly soiled.
- Training will be provided on proper respiratory hygiene, including coughing and sneezing into a tissue or the inside of an elbow.
- Tissues will be available.