Face Covering & Protective Equipment
The District has developed a plan with policies and procedures for maintaining social distancing of all students, faculty, and staff when on school facilities, grounds, and transportation.
- Employees will be provided with an acceptable face covering at no-cost to the employee.
- Students who arrive without a face covering will be provided with an acceptable face covering.
- Acceptable face coverings may be cloth or disposable and must cover both the mouth and nose. A face shield used alone is not an acceptable face covering. Face coverings with a sewn-in transparent area around the mouth are acceptable.
- Face coverings will be cleaned or replaced after use or when damaged or soiled, may not be shared, and will be properly stored or discarded.
- An information page will be provided on how to wear and care for the face covering. This will include:
- How to Wear Face Covering Appropriately
- How to Put On/Remove Face Covering
- Proper Care of Face Coverings
- Staff and students may wear their own face coverings provided they cover the mouth and nose.
- Students younger than three will not be required to wear a face covering.
- Students that are incapable of wearing a face covering because it would impair their physical health or mental health, or where such covering would present a challenge, distraction, or obstruction to education services and instruction, will not be required to wear a face covering.
- Face coverings will always be required to be worn when social distancing is not possible as well as when in any public area, including, but not limited to, hallways, restrooms, and buses.
- Times and locations will be provided for students and staff to have mask breaks. Locations of mask breaks will allow the person at least six feet of space in all directions. These will be identified in individual building plans.
- Staff requiring additional personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face shields, googles, or gloves, will be identified in this plan and trained on proper care and use. Individual hazard assessments will also be performed as required.