Social-Emotional/Mental Health Support Staff
Social workers, counselors, and psychologists should be prepared to provide student mental health and counseling services with telehealth options, where in-person services are not an option. Staff should be prepared to create plans with students struggling with the transition back to school, where their feeling/behaviors impede their ability to function throughout the school day. The sample questions below can be used as a starting point when planning to engage students, families, and teachers/staff regarding the transition back to school.
The sample questions below can be used as a starting point when planning to engage students, families, and teachers/staff regarding the transition back to school.
- What has your experience been like since school has been closed? What is on your mind as you think about next school year? What are your biggest hopes or worries?
- What has our school done well during the past months, and what could we have done better?
- How might you like to contribute as we prepare to transition to a new school year?
- What will help you learn this upcoming year?
- What can we do to make school feel even more like a community that cares for you?