From the Principal's Pen
Hi School 12 Community,
The year is well under way and the students and staff are busy focusing on teaching and learning. The staff and teachers spent a lot of time this past year preparing our School Comprehensive Education Plan (SCEP). This is our road map to a strong and well rounded school. One area we focus on is our commitment to developing positive relationships with our parents and families. Our goal reads: School #12 families engage in one or more school and our student activities (Picnic Orientation, Open House, 5 Title 1 Activities, Parent Meetings or other forums)(Tenets 6.2, 6.3, 6.5). Our activities includes ways to help teachers develop these relationships. We want you to:
· Feel welcome.
· Come in and see what we are doing with your child/ren.
· Understand how you can help your child/ren at home with their homework (this is so very different than what was given in the past).
So, we are offering a series of different activities to help make this happen. Look for:
· Visit this school website,
· Read the school and classroom flyers
· Sign up for the PTA Weekly News Blasts, and
· Come to the many activities we have planned this year.
· Sign up for parent teacher conferences
· Call your teacher (or return a call from the school) to see how your child is doing
We will be offering hands-on lessons to help us help you- together we can make a difference in the lives of our children.
Have a great month,