Welcome to Dr. Louis A. Cerulli School 34!
We invite you to visit our school and consider becoming a part of our energized learning community!
Highlights of our school include:
- School #34 is a National Center for Time and Learning school. Our school day is 8 hours and includes a variety of academic intervention support as well as enrichment activities. School #34 is fortunate to work with Young Audience of Rochester to deliver Arts Integration during the school day. Quad A will also proivde a variety of enrichment activities to our students.
- Quality instruction and a grade-level team approach ensure an individualized learning environment for each student.
- A variety of academic interventions are available to students needing additional support, including Leveled Literacy Intervention.
- School-wide Positive Behavioral Supports (SWPBS) provides school-wide instruction and reinforcement of appropriate school behaviors. In addition, Morning Meetings, Coping Power Groups and support from the Center for Youth encourages positive social skills growth.
- Students use technology to expand their learning opportunities. Current technology includes: Smart Boards, computer lab, classroom computers, laptops, ipads, document cameras and student response systems. Students have access to software at school and at home to enhance learning. During the 2014-2015 school year all 4th-6th grade students will have thier own Chromebook (laptop) to use during the school day. 3rd gade will add an Ipad center in each classroom.
- Teachers embed movement into education to increase understanding, comprehension, and memory as well as improve physical health. Students participate in daily recess. We celebrate this commitment at Family Fitness Activities after school and in the summer.
- Quad A for Kids after-school program offers project-based learning, social skills instruction, physical activity and dinner to 120 students after school.
Students Report:7:15a.m.Dismissal: 3:30 p.m.