COVID 19- Updates
I am so grateful for the WOIS community and all we accomplish together. As a unit, we continue to support families, students, and staff, through these uncertain times. In all of my years as an educator, I have never experienced a situation even comparable to this. As we navigate these unprecedented times, know we are rowing together as one crew. I am honored to work in this amazing community of professionals ready and willing to delve into these unchartered waters.
In today’s day and age, information is released more quickly than ever and at best I am finding out decisions minutes before you, if not at the same time as you. As we continue to do our very best to keep you informed as schools remain closed in the District, it remains imperative that first and foremost you take care of your family. Earlier this week Governor Cuomo signed an executive order directing all schools in New York to close until April 1. As of Monday, 3/16/2020, the RCSD has been preparing and delivering pack-and-go breakfast and lunch to 7 school sites and 9 City R-Center locations. Please visit the District’s website for a list of those locations at www.rcsdk12.org/covid19
Many of your teachers have reached out to your crews and online classes are continuing. In order to keep students actively engaged and involved during the closing of schools, the following educational resources are now available:
- Age and grade level appropriate educational resources are available on the District’s website at RCSD Learns
- Elementary School: Teachers have been reaching out and providing individualized, differentiated grade level supports. Please let us know if you need anything else by texting your child’s teacher utilizing one of the communication methods (texting, Seesaw, Remind, ClassDojo, Google Classroom) that they have already set up. You can also email your child’s teachers or the administrative team. We have created an Elementary Page that has some specific information and resources for Elementary Crew.
- Middle School: Teachers have been in contact by phone, via Remind app, Google Classroom, Zoom, and social media. Check in with your grade level crew teachers for support or your child’s classroom teachers for information. Please check out Griffin's Middle School Page for supports as well.
- High School: Teachers have been in contact by phone, via Remind app, Google Classroom, Zoom, eLearning, and social media. All of your teachers have posted assignments via your online learning platforms, including google classroom and/or eLearning. Be sure to reach out to them for support. We have created documents to list times that classes are meeting virtual. Please check out the Griffin’s HS web Page.
- In addition, resources are available via ROConnect with links to educational resources such as Brain Pop, Zearn and online reading.
- If your child does not know their student ID or password, or other needs occur, please call our hotline number at 262- 8700 and a member of District staff will assist you.
As alway, please feel free to reach out to myself or any member of the administrative team for support.
T’Hani Pantoja, Principal
Jeff Mikols, Assistant Principal
Adrienne Steflik, Assistant Principal 7-8
Kwame Donko Hanson, Assistant Principal 9-10
Jennifer Johnson, Assistant Principal 11-12
Donna Enright, Athletic Director