Social Learning Resources:
Social and emotional learning (SEL) is a process where children understand their emotions. Children are taught strategies to understand and practice skills such as empathy for others, develop positve relationships and decision making.
Changes in routines during this time can be difficult for your child. There are numerous strategies for supporting students through this challenging time. Below are some ideas to assist your child.
- A routine and a visial schedule
- Set timers to assit when moving to the next items on the schedule.
- Use a some of the information below to assist your child with understanding emotions
- Identify a quiet space in your house for your child to calm
- Create movement breaks throughout your day.