Purpose of the Office of Professional Learning:
The Office of Professional Learning is dedicated to the continuous development of educators so that they may gain the skills and knowledge necessary to provide high quality educational experiences for all students of the Rochester City School District. We strive to develop meaningful learning opportunities through collaborative learning experiences and embedded professional growth opportunities, so that educators can engage students in rigorous instructional activities to produce increased student understanding and achievement.
- Be responsive to schools/programs flexibility in their school improvement decision making
- Provide tools and resources for the planning and work of improving teaching and learning
- Design systems for becoming a professional learning community
- Offer job embedded professional learning strategies
- Encourage collaborative dialogue to align curriculum, assessment, and instruction to increase student achievement
- Support shared responsibility for student success
Center Direct Contact Line: 324-9940
All Things Professional Learning
It is our goal to provide a variety of information and resources to meet all of your professional learning needs whether you're a teacher, a grade level or department team, a principal, a building team member, a paraprofessional, or a visitor stopping by our site. If you have a great resource, new ideas, or suggestions to make this site more useful, pass it along as soon as possible. We always welcome your feedback.
We have put a great deal of thought and energy into developing a plan and creating a space for adult learning that speaks to and supports our District's need for a comprehensive approach to professional learning. Working with our partners, reviewing student and teacher performance data as well as taking direction from NYSED, we have created an Office of Professional Learning dedicated to you, the educator. Please review our Professional Development Plan