Goals for the Office of Professional Learning
- Move toward school based planning and delivery of professional learning within the context of the professional day. Provide training on how to facilitate, plan and execute high quality professional learning opportunities based on high performance expectations.
- Work with schools to identify the varying data sets that can be used to plan, construct and monitor a professional learning plan at the school, team, and individual levels.
- Work with schools to increase the amount of time teachers have to collaborate in professional learning communities.
- As schools develop their plans, provide assistance in determining professional learning processes that will best build their capacity to meet academic goals.
- Establish Inquiry Based Learning as our most common instructional method in professional development to engage our professional teams throughout the learning process as active participants to increase retention and understanding.
- Establish a set of standards for professional development along with monitoring tools, and check points, linking professional development to student achievement.