KBADs – Know and Be Able to Do
- Understand and incorporate practices and approaches that build academic and cultural excellence and be able to build relationships with students and parents.
- Know best practices for creating a cultural responsive school culture for students and staff.
- Know how to build “schools that learn” (places where students take ownerships for their own learning) through effective relationship building
- Know and validate the characteristics and behavioral attributes of boys of color
- Know how to educate and support the standard language acquisition of African American and Latino Standard English Learners (SEL’s)
- Understand the assault on public schools; the importance of advocating for quality Rochester public schools, and consciously engage in that work
- Know how to make data informed decisions to accelerate student academic and social emotional achievement
- Know how to recognize the impact of Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome on students and families and create an engaging school environment. (From the office to the cafeteria to the classroom)