School 12 Email
Follow School 12 PTA on Twitter
Like and Join School 12 PTA on Facebook!
Anna Murrray-Douglass Academy School 12 PTA (Group): https://www.facebook.com/groups/school12pta/
*Closed group for privacy and Safety of our students and families!
School 12 PTA
The School 12 is fortunate to have an active and vibrant PTA. Our PTA is responsible for fundraising that allows our school to add to our school library, go on field trips, bringing in visiting artists and authors, sponsor family events such our annual sledding and ice skating parties, and serve as line of advocacy for parent questions and concerns. The PTA is made up of parents, grandparents, staff and volunteers.
How do you become a member?
Membership happens on an annual basis. Donations of $10.00, 5.00 for other adult and 4.00 for students will make you a member!
A simple form filled out with your best contact information will help us keep you informed on the latest news and events.
We are happy to announce that we have made joining PTA even easier. Please go to https://school12pta.memberhub.store/. On this page you can join the PTA, order Spirit Wear and make donations.
Joining the PTA does not mean that you will be signed up for constant fundraising or volunteering! Contact any of our officers for information on how to join or come to a PTA meeting. (See School calendar tab above for dates)
Why become a member?
Joining our PTA allows us leverage when discussing school issues with the School district. Where as maintaining a high number of involved families is not our primary goal, the reality is numbers garner the attention we need to make sure our voices are heard. The larger and more diverse our PTA grows, the larger the influence outside our school walls will grow too. Our membership should represent the diverse background of the families that make up School 12! Our community can only grow and deliver more to our students if you add your voice.
What can you do by being a member?
-Come to a meeting to offer your opinion or share your concerns.
-Learn how to volunteer at school
-Take on one project like supporting a visiting author
-Help put together our Thanksgiving food boxes or supporting Fun Runs (Fall and Spring)
-Make your family connection stronger by meeting more school families at our events
-Help park cars for the Lilac festival (Our biggest fundraiser for the year)
-Help organize or support the -United Day of Caring
-Helping get band instruments
-Discounts at Staples and other retailers that support National PTA
- Like and join our Facebook page! (Anna Murray-Douglass School 12 PTA Group and Page)
- Learn more about what lessons your student is learning now at Engage NY –Common Core curriculum.
- Learn more about volunteer opportunities at School 12 - Please contact Susan Allen (Parent Liason) at 461-3280. School 12 Code of Ethics
- The PTA sponsors monthly parent coffee hours in the Light Court from 7:30-8:30. These coffee hours are on hold due to Covid 19 but stay tuned for a time when we can be together in person again!
Check out the bulletin board in the main hall for upcoming events!
Current officers and contact information
For more information on joining the PTA, please contact any of following people for any question or idea you may have to add to our school’s greatness:
- Dan Curran, President; email@example.com
- Gareth Warren, Vice President; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joshua Enck, Treasurer; email@example.com
- Dennis DiClaudio, Secretary; firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA events are included on the School 12 Calendar found on our homepage.