Our school is using Lexia Reading Core5™, a web-based reading program that provides the targeted practice and instruction students need to develop their reading skills. As an added benefit, students can use Lexia Reading Core5 at home.
Getting started is easy!
1. Launch a web browser and go to www.lexiacore5.com
• Create a bookmark for this web address or add it as a favorite.
• You will see a link to download Adobe Flash Player if you do not have it. Flash Player 11 or higher is required.
• If you have a slow Internet connection and have speed issues, you can download the Core5 software to your
computer instead of using the website. Go to www.lexialearning.com
and click Downloads at the top of the page.
• iPad and iPad Mini users can download the Core5 app from the App store. Search for “Lexia Reading Core5.”
2. The first time you access Core5, you must set up your device:
• Click the Student/Parent button.
• Type in your teacher’s email (below) and click the arrow button to continue.
• You will not have to set up again unless you delete the browser’s “cookie” files.
3. Allow or help your child to login. The student username and password (below) is the same login they use at school.
Teacher Email (for setup): Patricia.Keene@rcsdk12.org
Student Username _____________________________________
Student Password _____________________________________
Important! Please allow your child to work independently at his or her own pace. Provide encouragement, but don’t give away the answers!
4. Please try to ensure an average of 20-30 minutes per session. We recommend that usage be kept to a reasonable level – not too short and not too long. Pre-K students may need shorter, more frequent usage (10-15 minutes daily). Need more help getting started? Go to www.lexialearning.com and click Support.