Student Support ServicesMonroe County System of Care: Mental health, education, child welfare, juvenile justice, and other agencies work together to ensure that children with mental, emotional, and behavioral problems and their families have access to the services and supports they need to succeed.Community-based programs available to serve youth who live at home:
Special NeedsResources for Specific Disorders by National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC)LD Online - Learning Disabilities by TopicProject ESTEEM - LDA Life and Learning Experiences through RCSD (Learning Disabilities Association)Epilepsy Resources - Epilepsy-PralidDevelopmental Disabilities Services in Monroe CountyTransition Services
- Care Coordination
- Home and Community-Based Services Waiver - Hillside Waiver Program
Transition means moving from one place or stage of life to another.
In the Driver’s Seat Self-Directed Services offer people with developmental disabilities, their families, and others the opportunity to map out their future and be in control of their own lives. Use the tools and resources so that YOU are now In the Driver’s Seat.Self-Determination - Self-determination means that people have a say in the important decisions of their own lives.This booklet supports the self-determined transition of youth to adulthood and community life.Regional Center for Independent Living - Job Seeking, Placement, and RetentionMy Path NY website is a free website to keep track of your important papers and steps to get started on your path. It was made for New York State young adults with disabilities who are ready to move from school to work and lead a more independent life.Resources to Navigate Going to College - Autism Spectrum Disorders (RIT Spectrum Support Program)
- Transition Information
- NYS Transition Documents
- Career Interest Inventories
- Vocational Assessments
- ACCES-VR Application (Adult Career and Continuing Education Services - Vocational Rehabilitation) ACCES-VR Rochester District Office
- Community Agencies ARC of Monroe County Transition Coach Services ARC Services
- Graduation Requirements for Students with Disabilities
- Project SEARCH University of Rochester's Project SEARCH provides employment and education for individuals with disabilities.
- OPWDD for RCSD (Office for People with Developmental Disabilities) Transition Planning from School to Adult Life by NYS Office for People with Developmental Disabilities
- TPSID - Access to Higher Education